There are so many reasons to love the holidays but makeup is one of my favorites! Even if your holiday is going to look a little different this year, holiday makeup is a chance to do something fun and maybe try something different. Take your everyday look and kick it up a notch! Plan out your outfit, hair, and makeup so it all works together. Give yourself a little holiday cheer!
Here are 3 easy ways to glam up your makeup for the holiday season!
Start Your Makeup With Holiday Eyes
Smokey eyes are always a great look for the holidays. Here’s how to create an easy DIY smokey eye:
- Apply a waterproof eyeliner to the top and bottom waterline (I love using a gel pencil for this).
- If you want, a slight wing always adds a little flair or drama.
- Start with most of your eye shadow color close to your lash line and blend out and up to create the smoke effect.
- Bring the same shadow underneath your eyes to add even more flair to your look.
Red Lips Are The Perfect Holiday Accessory
A holiday look should always include some red and a red lip is of course the perfect way to achieve that! It is timeless and classic and well, so much fun! Some of my favorite tips for wearing a red lip:
- Put concealer over your lips first. I know it sounds strange but give it a try. It helps allow the true red color you use to show through and helps it stay longer.
- Apply some powder around your mouth to help it from running/smudging out beyond your lips.
- Use a lip liner – it helps with all the above issues.
- Then apply your favorite red lipstick!
Add Some Glitter To Your Holiday Makeup
What are the holidays without a little glitter, highlights, and sparkle! Add it to make everything look and feel more festive. Here’s how to add that holiday shine:
- Add it to the eye…some glitter on top of your eyeshadow (just on your lid) can give you that sparkle you want without going overboard.
- Add it to your cheeks – a highlight is so pretty on the high points of your cheeks and screams holiday makeup!
- Add it to your body – some shine on your shoulders or décolletage is beautiful, especially if you are wearing a dress or outfit that shows it off!
Products That Will Bring You Holiday Cheer
You can probably create most of these 3 easy looks with the products you already have. If you are looking to add to your makeup though this holiday season, here are some of my favorite products to give your makeup a little holiday glam:
Whether you keep it simple or go all out on your holiday makeup this year, have fun with it or try something new! I’d love to see your holiday looks! Post a pic and tag me on Instagram @katiemcgowanmakeup
Disclosure: I only recommend products I use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that are no additional cost to you, but I may earn a small commission.